Terms and conditions
Online learning programmes
What is required to participate – By registering for any online offering, it is assumed you have a basic level of technological/internet skill and confidence to enable you to participate.
For example: Many online courses I offer have the added benefit of a Private Facebook group (where only members can post and see comments) for ongoing guidance and support throughout the duration of the course. Therefore, being comfortable with using Facebook and Facebook Messenger is a necessary element of your participation. In addition, you need a basic level of computer skills to follow the instructions to register/access the course material through our teaching platform and respond to emails. Some or all of these may be used in the delivery of the online learning opportunity.
‘Lifetime’ Access – Definition and terms
- The term ‘lifetime’ access, regarding any online learning opportunity, resource or product offered by Anna-Louise Haigh or the Awaken Your WOW brand, no matter its actual duration, refers to the feasible and reasonable lifetime of the learning opportunity/product.
- From 1 January 2020, any online resources, courses, or products have an intended lifetime of a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 36 months. Therefore, access to purchases made from 1 January 2020, is unlimited for the period of up to 36 months – i.e. 31 December 2023. This term may be reviewed over time.
- The creator, Anna-Louise Haigh, reserves the right to update or withdraw any product at any time, with reasonable notice and refund if necessary.
- Anna-Louise Haigh undertakes to ensure all necessary payments to third-party hosting platforms are made to enable the published products to remain available.
- Anna-Louise Haigh cannot be held responsible for the operation of any third-party hosting platforms.
- In the unlikely event that a hosting platform of a product become untenable/cease to operate/fail to offer a suitable standard of service, every effort will be made to provide the same or similar product on another platform, within a reasonable timescale.
Online challenges, courses, and programmes under £100
- Full fee is to be paid on registration unless otherwise agreed.
- By paying your fee you are declaring your intention to take part and engage in accordance with the course requirements within the timescale stated or agreed with the Tutor.
- In many cases, access to the course content will be available for a generous but limited time after the completion of the delivery schedule. This does not imply LIFETIME access.
- Tutor engagement may cease shortly after the final course delivery. Any student requiring extra personal support or guidance will be invited to discuss the need for 1:1 mentoring, however the student is not obliged to undertake mentoring and Tutor reserves the right to decline to create a mentoring arrangement.
- Failure to take part or attend the scheduled training or delivery does not entitle the participant to a refund in full or part or transfer to another course.
- The Tutor reserves the right to moderate and deal accordingly with student input, for example in a Facebook group, which is deemed to be inappropriate, advice seeking/giving, distracting to other students or the course content/delivery or offensive in any way.
- In the event of the course content being unable to be offered, participants will be offered a full refund.
- Once the course has started, if the Tutor is unable to continue to deliver the content and the course is terminated, participants will receive a refund in proportion to the amount of the unavailable content.
Online courses and programmes over £100
- All online learning opportunities over £100 require only a deposit of £100, unless otherwise stated, to secure your place.
- Deposits are payable at the time of booking.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Your deposit guarantees your total price as advertised. You will receive a confirmation email. A receipt can be issued on request.
- Once you have booked, administration time, certain preparations, costs may be incurred on your behalf as part of the provision of the course.
- Paying your balance -For all such online learning opportunities, unless otherwise stated or agreed, the balance of fees is to be paid in full 8 WEEKS prior to the first day of the event. Failure to pay may jeopardize your place.
- Bookings made less than 8 weeks before the start date require the balance to be paid on booking or at the latest within one (1) week, unless otherwise agreed.
- Cancellations within 4 – 8 weeks prior to the online learning opportunities – 50% of your fees, less the deposit, will be refunded.
- Cancellations received 4 weeks or less prior to the online course start date will result in the forfeiture of all fees paid.
- Non-attendance – If you fail to attend or participate in the online learning opportunity as scheduled, you will forfeit your course fees unless, in the case of sudden illness, a medical certificate is provided. Your fees may be transferred to a future event, if a similar online course is available, however this is not guaranteed. Refunds are at our discretion and are not to be automatically expected.
- If the online learning opportunity is postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the Tutor, you will have the option to have your fees transferred to another opportunity, held in credit or refunded in full, including the deposit.
- If the event is cancelled by the Tutor, you will receive a full refund, including the deposit.
- If you have a complaint or are concerned about your involvement in the online learning opportunity, your Tutor is to be made aware immediately.
- If, up to 30 days after the course/programme commencement, you feel it is not right for you, please contact the Tutor to discuss your options. Refunds should not be presumed, however every effort will be made to ensure a positive way forward.
Please keep this safe in the unlikely event you need to refer to it.